Sunday, October 25, 2009

Matching Sets

There is nothing worse than getting home from a consignment sale and realizing that an outfit you bought really isn't a set. Example: a size 24M shirt and sweater matched with a 4T skirt. Yes, I know it's the same line from Gymboree, but the sizes don't match so it's not a set. Yes, I know your child might have junk in the trunk, but my kid doesn't so don't put a 4T bottom with a 24M top.

Now, if you are like me and your children always wear one size bigger in a top than the bottom, I have no problem with you making it a set but CLEARLY note that on the tag. If it says size 24M, I am buying based on the premise that all the pieces are that size. If you are putting a size 3 top with a size 4 bottom, just put TOP 3, PANTS 4 on the tag. Chances are it will still sell, but you need to be honest in your tagging.

I find that when I tag at the last minute, I might do this on accident so as winter rapidly approaches and you clean out spring/summer clothing for the next sale, pack them away in matching sets by size and if the size doesn't match, consider selling it seperate.

Remember that sets do sell best!!

No comments: