Monday, February 1, 2010

Getting it Ready: Day 1: Shoes

Since March is rapidly approaching, I felt it was time to do a little series called "Getting it Ready." This week I'll be doing one short blog post each day about how you can get everything tagged and ready in time for the sale. Today we will focus on shoes.

When it's time to gather my shoes to get them ready for tagging, I immediately start putting them into stacks. The first stack is "NEW/LIKE NEW". Shoes that would go in this stack means they never wore them or they might have worn them once. They have no visible wear and mine usually still have tags left on them. The second stack is the "WORN" pile. Here I put everything else that they have worn throughout the last season. The last pile is "YUCK" and I am quick to pull those yuck shoes out of the worn pile. I spend the most time on the worn pile: finding mates, examining them for damage, can this spot be cleaned? If I find items that are really too worn, they go directly to the YUCK pile.

I am usually surprised at how well I do with my shoes. All my YUCK shoes go immediately to donate, but everything else gets tied together with curling ribbon, tagged and then off it goes. Make sure on your tags you bring attention to the brand or what you originally paid for the shoes. Make sure you also put the accurate size on the tag up in the corner where you would put the size.

My best deal buying shoes at Encores and More North? Ugg boots for $8. Yes, I was pumped. They were very clean too!

Tomorrow's Post: Equipment (Exersaucers, High Chairs, Strollers)

No comments: