Monday, September 19, 2011

Brea's Favorite Things: Day 1 Drop Off

So as many of you know, this is my first official sale where I am no longer the owner. Although I sold the sale in January, I was still acting as the owner for the Spring sale while I transitioned Natalie into the full time manager role. I honestly wondered how I would feel for the Fall sale...would I regret my decision to sale, would I miss it, would I be emotional?

Well, it turns out I worried for nothing. As I watched my sweet Natalie effortlessly fill my shoes in her new role, I realized that was God's way of giving me peace that I had made the right decision. The fact that she let me work all 3 days of drop off so that I could see all of you, hug your necks and get to work during the madness made all those sad feelings drift away. Getting to see all of you today and your excitement about the new location and the amount of stuff there made me giddy and I loved the fact that I walked out tonight just as stress free as I felt when I walked in this morning.

It truly meant the world to me that so many of you hugged me, loved on me, brought me coffee, asked about the kids and Jonathan. I truly think what sets Encores North apart from other sales is that we truly are like family and I am so blessed that you stuck with Encores North even though our family tree has changed a bit. Connie and Russie are so excited that you guys have embraced them so openly and man, the changes they have made are AH-MAZ-ING.

So, all that to say, I may not be the owner, but the sale will always be my baby so by golly, I'm doing my top 5 favorite things of the day each night. I hope my posts will inspire you to tell EVERYONE about this amazing sale :)

A couple of housecleaning things to note first:
1. When you arrive to drop off, come in and check in first before you haul anything out of your car.
2. After your items have been inspected, PLEASE put all your clothing items out in the appropriate size and do it as quickly as possible. People with appointments after you are waiting on the racks to load their items in. If you wish to browse, bring your rack up front and then go back to look at items.
3. On that note, PLEASE keep your kiddos with you at all times while you browse. We are working out tails off and we really don't need kiddos playing on toys. Also, DON'T hide any goodies you might want. If security finds you hiding items, you will be approached and besides, it's just not cool. Everyone should have equal opportunity to shop and it's not fair to give yourself an advantage. If we find workers hiding anything, they will not be allowed to work again.
4. On that note, if you want to be the first to shop for all those must haves, come work some shifts. It takes all of our amazing volunteers to pull off a sale of this size and we are really a cool group of hot mommas (yeah, I've had a lot of coffee today) so come hang with us! It's great "adult" time where you get to get some exercise and meet new friends instead of wiping booties and talking baby talk at home. PLUS, you get to shop before the consignors!

So, now the part you are waiting for...Brea's TOP 5 for Monday, September 19th:

1. Replica antique metal car $50-this will fit a toddler and is PERFECT for portraits-so COOL!
2. Double (yes, I said DOUBLE) jogging stroller $24 (I know, right!)
3. Awesome Little Tikes play mountain for hot wheels $4 (see pic above)
4. Matilda Jane outfits that are brand new with tags in size 2. Ruffle pants were $12, three piece sets $15. Um, yes, I LOVE this since I am now selling MJC :)
5. Awesome Little Tikes slide $12
 and because I can, I'm adding 5 more :)
6. Little Einsteins Pat the Rocket with all the figures $7 (sorry ladies, my Mary Elizabeth has already claimed this...she's convinced her little brother is Quincy)
7. Mini Boden boys heavy coat in size 3/4 $20
8. multiple cozy coupes from $10 each
9. multiple awesome toy boxes from $15 each
10. AMAZING cream colored wooden crib. Would be a perfect crib to pass down from generation to generation and it converts to a full bed. $285 and BEAUTIFUL, your little princess will love it :)

Ok, I promise I will shut it, but just to give you an idea...we had about 325 drop off today, we have 1700 registered and we already have 16 racks of boys 4T. Yep, it's going to be a good sale :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

easyconsignment.com

Unknown said...

Do you still have the mountain?

Anonymous said...

do you still have the Little Tikes Car Mountain Track? if so can you ship it? email me at brianbarringer@icloud.com please.