Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring 2011: Day 3 Drop Off: Brea's Favorite Things

Whew! I am one tired girl. After a day full of drop offs, I went to dinner with some dear friends tonight for a much needed steak dinner. It was fabulous and although I am pooped, it was great to laugh with some of my favorite people on this planet.

Typically, Monday is our slowest drop off day. Today was no exception. We had some spurts where we would have five people dropping off at once, but for the most part, it was very steady and again, things went so well. I've loved hearing your feedback and I'm pleased that no one minds putting out their own clothing. I actually think many like it as you can grab a quick glance at your sizes and all the amazing stuff that has come in so far.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our last day of general drop off. It is typically our busiest day of drop off, so my prayer tonight is that God will send everyone with an extra dose of patience (and our workers with an extra dose of energy!) So far, we have had right at 600 people drop off and we are expecting around 300 to drop off tomorrow.

If you are dropping off tomorrow (general drop off Tuesday, 3/8 from 10-6pm) PLEASE read this first. It will make your drop off experience so much better:

1. Park and come in to register first. You can't be in the fire lane.

2. Bring a self addressed stamped envelope. If you don't have one, you can buy one for $.50 at the sale. After you register, we have tons of racks to take to your cars to get your clothing and plenty of people to help you get everything to the right stations.

3. Be patient while your clothes get checked. Trust me, you want us to check EVERY piece of clothing that comes in. If we don't, you end up going through tons of stained and worn out items when you shop and who wants to shop through that mess?

4. After your clothes are checked (if you used the tagging system), you get to take the rack and put your clothing items out. We'll do everything else for you (toys, shoes, books, equipment), we just need you to put your clothing out so we can focus on staying organized.

5. If you didn't use the tagging system, you will need to wait while we print the barcodes. You will then put those barcodes on your clothing items and THEN put your items out. This could add up to 30 minutes to your drop off time so please be patient if you didn't use the tagging system.

6. YOU'RE DONE! You get to look forward to shopping :)

PLEASE NOTE: Drop off on Tuesday from 3pm on tends to be our busiest times, so IF you can make it earlier in the day, I definitely would. I promise we are working our tails off to get you in and out ASAP!

Without further delay, here is Brea's FAVORITE things that I found at the sale today:
1. Blow up bounce house for toddlers (perfect for birthday parties, comes complete with air blower that keeps it inflated) $15 (YES, $15...what a deal!)
2. Tons of Gymboree girl's dresses $4 each
3. Fisher Price jumparoo $12
4. Kapla wooden building blocks $6 (this is a personal favorite of mine, my boys love their building blocks)
5. HUGE Barbie outdoor playhouse $90
6. AWESOME Nascar upright dresser. Looks just like a tool chest and is in great condition $350
7. Maclaren stroller $20
8. I can't begin to tell you how much Gymboree kid's clothing is at the sale. I swear I think every piece of Gymboree that has been sold in the last 2 years has made it's way to Encores North.

I'm so excited to hear all your comments on your shopping experience. I personally think it's the best selection we've ever had and we still have over 500 people to drop off! I can't wait to see all the great stuff that will continue to come in.

We are up to 15 todder beds, 3 cribs, around 30 swings, at least 30 exersaucers, at least 60 strollers, about 20 play kitchens, bedding galore including loads of great child's room decor, some of the best shoes we've ever had, over 20 high chairs AND SO MUCH MORE. I seriously counted over 50 ride on toys back in the toy room tonight.

Looking for something specific? Leave me a comment and I'll be happy to check and I'll let you know in my post tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brea, I'm looking for a wooden toy box? -Mallory

amanda humphrey said...

homitiouHey...I am tagging my stuff tonight (nothing like waiting until the last minute!) and was wondering....when we put our own clothes, do we need to have our clothes already in order by gender and size> Just wondering what I need to do to get out of there as fast as possible!
Looking forward to a great sale!

Theda Overby said...

Drop off was sooooo much easier this year!!! Yay for putting out our own clothes!! ~Theda